EMC Testing services for automotive ESA
Products (ESA) for OEM (original equipment manufacturer)
- Products for direct inclusion in automotive vehicles still need approval to the automotive directive 73/245 as amended by 2009/19/EC in accordance with the specifications in 2004/104/EC. This procedure leads to "e4" marking (when carried out in the Netherlands)
- Alternately/ Additionally the product can be approved to UN regulation 10 (ECE 324-R10). This procedure leads to "E" approval.
- For non-immunity related ESA, some of the immunity related tests may be omitted.
- ce-test qualified testing,bv may provide you with a technical opinion on the immunity aspects of your ESA.
Automotive Aftermarket devices now need no automotive directive approval anymore , but only need CE marking to the new harmonized EN 50498 standard. Of course a full "e" or "E" approval remains possible.
Overview of our EMC activities on ESA
- Testing according to the automotive directive for ESA's (Electric Sub Assembly),
- CE marking to EN 50498 for non-immunity related aftermarket ESA,
- Testing of transient immunity (see picture above) according to ISO 7637 (-1,-2,-3),
- Emission and immunity testing according to the Automotive Directive 2004/104/EC (72/245/EC),
- Emission and Immunity testing according to the Motorcycle Directive 97/24/EC,
- Emission and Immunity testing according to UN regulation R10 (UN ECE 324-R10),
- Wide band and narrowband emission tests,
- Conducted emission test,
- Test according to CISPR 25 and EN 55025 ,
- Testing for the e mark (European approval),
- Testing for the E mark (UN ECE324- R10),
- ESD tests to 30 kV